Tuesday, December 17, 2013

About Me

Hi There!!!!

Thanks for visiting my blog. 

I am Hari Krishna. I am a Chartered Accountant in service by profession. My attachment with Excel is about 10 years while I am writing this page. I was first introduced to Excel while I joined a CA firm as an Articled Assistant (part of CA course, never mind what it is!!) mostly to calculate tax liability and prepare audit reports etc. That was the first time I ever saw a spreadsheet. It quickly caught my awe. It was and has always been fun working with Excel. I soon started looking for new and easy ways to work on this platform and discovered that Excel is so much friendly once you tame it.

This blog is a way to share what I learnt in Excel over the years. For the record, I worked on Excel 95 (Version 7.0), 97 (V8.0), 2000 (V9.0), 2002 (V10.0), 2003 (V11.0), 2007 (V12.0)Excel 2010 (V14.0). and currently working on Excel 2013 (V15.0).

Looking back, I am so happy in transformation from being an occasional user of Excel to kind of expert (my friends and colleagues says so ;)) in advanced Excel and VBA. Down the line, I wrote many simple codes to ease routines and complex codes to achieve otherwise impossible or painstaking tasks in Excel.

I need not tell you guys how much Excel is used in offices for number crunching and analysis. I guess from a very small office employee to a decent corporate professional works largely on Excel. It’s real fun doing magic with keyboard short-cuts for repeated activities (imagine your colleagues saying OMG! what did you just do... when you use a short-cut with lightning fast), mastering the functions and to automate that boring day to day activities. I feel that with a bit of research and regular usage, anyone can become an expert in Excel.

I hope this blog will be useful in making your way to master Excel and get you appreciation from people around you. I welcome feedback on topics you want me to write on, report any errors in the article or a ‘thank you’ to keep me going. I will personally read all the comments and reply as soon as I can but please excuse me for little delay as I am working full time in a corporate and will not open blog / mails during office hours.

Here I conclude the introduction and wishing all the best. I hope you find what you came here for and happy learning. Cheerio.

Hari Krishna Popuri

1 comment: